Five search engine optimisation top tips for April 2016:
- When deciding on how to structure your website, think ‘one page, one keyword’, and provide some truly specialised quality content.
- Be social, find a blog on your specialty, and post an informed comment, add to the discussion, and place a link. Not only does this get you noticed, but also, even if the link is a no-follow, it will add to a balanced bank link profile.
- The way people use the internet has been changing over the past few years, with people moving away from traditional desktop PCs, to mobile devices. Is your website mobile friendly?
- Does your website load quickly enough? A slow site is a low ranking site… Speed it up! Especially for mobile devices which could be on slower connections.
- XML Sitemaps help search engines understand your website. Provide one, and keep it up-to-date!
Over the coming weeks we shall be posting about how we are strengthening and improving our hosting capability, launching a new line up of hosting plans which are bigger and better than ever before, celebrating our 5th birthday, and of course posting more Search Engine Optimisation advice.