Start your year off right with this guidance, the first set of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) hints and tips for 2016:
- Do not keyword stuff. If your page is filled with quality content, relevant to your business/subject area, then you will be rewarded.
- We’ve stated before that your Meta Description should entice people in, but it should also provide a summary of the content of the page; help search engines and people to quickly identify the subject matter, and you will be rewarded.
- When scouring the internet for potential back links, do not submit to every website under the sun. Submit/exchange backlinks with websites that are relevant to your subject, with high authority, that rank highly.
- Use the Google Search Console to determine what keywords your website is ranking against, and what keywords other sites use to link to yours.
- If you don’t have one already, then create a blog, and post quality content that is relevant to your business on a regular basis; this will help your prospects with search engines significantly.
Submit any questions you have on SEO to our mailbox: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll review them and either include them in our SEO tips, or write an article on specific topics.