This month we focus on your content and what you can do to help search engines and people at the same time!
Here are your five SEO tips for August:
- Structure your content to help search engines, and humans, understand it. Use appropriate headings and sub-headings.
- Divide your content into relevant blocks using <div> (division) tags.
- Tables are for data. Do not use them for layout purposes.
- Make sure you handle your trailing slash appropriately to avoid duplicate content! Google thinks that a URL like example.com/example-page is a different page to example.com/example-page/, and should have its own unique content and will penalise you if this is not the case!
- Don’t try to hide content from the bots - they will find it, and you will be punished!
Do not forget to submit your questions on SEO to our mailbox: email@example.com so they can be included in our upcoming post where we answer your questions!