In line with our post last month on “Your SEO Questions”, we are also going to launch a monthly blog post where we give you five SEO tips to help your website climb the ranks on Google, Bing and other search engines.
So here are our five tips for this month:
- Quality is the key to winning the love of search engines. Write paragraphs that are grammatically correct, informative, and above all not stuffed with keywords.
- Do not waste a good image - be sure to make good use of alt tags, title tags, and filenames.
- Where possible, avoid, or at the least minimise, the use of flash in your website. Flash cannot be optimised effectively.
- Check your page title, is your title too long? Remember Google listings truncate the title, so make sure you get your main point in the first few characters, not the last!
- For every line of HTML code, you should aim to have at least three lines of good, quality content!
Also, do not forget to submit your questions on SEO to our mailbox: firstname.lastname@example.org so they can be included in our upcoming post where we answer your questions!