This month we focus on optimising your links and transferring your well-earned reputation from one page to another and managing your existing links. Here are your five SEO tips for September:
- Create URLs that describe the content of the page; not only are they easy to remember for the humans your ultimately targeting, but also great for search engines; their bots will be able to categorise your page much quicker!
- Avoid duplication of content at all costs. If it really cannot be avoided, then use the canonical tag.
- When you move content, do not forget to set up a 301 Permanent redirect. You need search engines to move the reputation with the content.
- Found some undesirable back links that are just ruining your optimisation efforts? Ask the site administrator to remove them, it can be as simple a quick friendly email!
- Cannot contact the administrator? Use the Google disavow tool: https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/disavow-links-main.
Do not forget to submit your questions on SEO to our mailbox: firstname.lastname@example.org so they can be included in our upcoming post where we answer your questions!